Re: Slow Down Development, NO; Speed up Minds, YES

Subject: Re: Slow Down Development, NO; Speed up Minds, YES
From: "Dave Whelan" <dave -dot- whelan -at- home -dot- com>
To: "Dan Emory" <danemory -at- primenet -dot- com>, "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2000 14:21:53 -0500

>For commercial software, the dilemma is that the client won't pay the price
needed to assure bug-free software.

This seems to be the conventional wisdom but I think we need to question
this assertion. If clients were offered a choice between two versions of the
same software, one that worked properly and one that didn't, do you think
they would choose the dysfunctional version, even at a substantial discount?
No, the phenomenon of the acceptance of crappy software is a temporary one,
I am sure. Eventually, software is going to lose its mystique and will have
to comply with the bargaining standards to which everything else is subject.

Regards,
Dave.

-----
David P. Whelan