Re: Slow Down Development, NO; Speed up Minds, YES

Subject: Re: Slow Down Development, NO; Speed up Minds, YES
From: "Dave Whelan" <dave -dot- whelan -at- home -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2000 12:51:58 -0500

Whether you are developing a software program or a new car is irrelevant:
shoddy work causes the same quality problems and overly cautious engineering
causes the same marketing problems. The shuttle project is at one extreme,
buggy software fraudulently released too soon is at the other. One is
something to be proud of, the other makes a lot of money. Most of us are in
the middle, we want to be proud of our work and we want to earn a living
from it at the same time. A balance is needed but, as developers, we should
always try to follow classical engineering development principles to balance
the many powerful influences on the other side concerned only with profit.

Regards,
Dave.

-----
David P. Whelan