Re: Strategy when dealing with HR depts.

Subject: Re: Strategy when dealing with HR depts.
From: Rowena Hart <rhart -at- xcert -dot- com>
To: Perry_Moore -at- themoneystore -dot- com, techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2000 09:12:52 -0700

Perry,

I wouldn't jump to the conclusion that they don't
want to hire you or that you requested a salary
that is too high. I know from personal experience
that many companies have to submit a requisition
to hire someone, sometimes to offices across the
country. They can't offer you the position until
the requisition (which includes info about your
expected salary) is approved and returned. Smart
companies make sure hiring requisitions are
returned promptly.

I would encourage you to ask where they are in the
hiring process, not to ask them to make a decision
by Friday. If they are stuck at a particular stage
of the hiring process, by all means continue to
actively look for work with other companies.

Rowena

Rowena Hart Technical Writer

Xcert International Inc.
1001-701 West Georgia Street Phone: 1 (604) 640-6210
Vancouver, BC, Canada V7Y 1C6 Fax: 1 (604) 640-6220
Web: http://www.xcert.com E-mail: rhart -at- xcert -dot- com