Re: Trying to flee the country

Subject: Re: Trying to flee the country
From: "Steph Jacobs" <stephjacobs -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2000 02:16:46 -0600

now you know what it's like to try to find *anything* on the net that isn't
directly related to the US".

But I find William's message even *more* ironic; he points to two good pages
for finding jobs in the rest of the word, and even they are aimed at
Americans.

Elisabeth's message is most encouraging - I'm glad to hear you like working
in our fair country. I agree, it's pretty good - as long as you don't mind
that all the new and cool Internet sites add Canadian functionality (they
decide to ship to Canada (for an extra $10; wow, I'm honoured), they add
Canadian access numbers, they alter their sign-up form so it will accept
postal codes as well as zip codes, etc.) usually one to two years after they
get started. Ah well, I guess I know that I'll only ever deal with at least
relatively established sites, by default. :-)

Cheers,
Steph Jacobs
Proud Canadian