re: In search of book reviews/BRUSAW

Subject: re: In search of book reviews/BRUSAW
From: Donkeyxote -at- aol -dot- com
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri Apr 21 17:33:31 2000

<snip>
IMO, Brusaw's Handbook of Technical writing is among
the best.

I have copies of the Chicago Manual of Style, Sun's
Read Me First: Style Guide for the Computer Industry,"
Pearsall's "Elements of Style," Williams' "Style: Ten
lessons in ...," Hacko's "Standards for Online
Communication," "The Little, Brown Handbook," "The MLA
Handbook," and Woolever's "Writing for the Computer
Industry." While all are effective, the only book I
have multiple copies of is Brusaw's because I never
want to find myself without it.
<snip>

Encouraged by this review, I jumped to Amazon.con to read what other folks say about this book, and it's not great. Me, I think I'll stick with the MS tech writer style guide and the Chicago Manual of Style.

Matt