How many have this problem at work?

Subject: How many have this problem at work?
From: Bruce Byfield <bbyfield -at- axionet -dot- com>
To: techwr-l digest recipients <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2000 00:03:44 -0700

-----Original Message-----
From: Marc A. Santacroce [mailto:epubs -at- ricochet -dot- net]
>>my boss does not want me to receive any more messages from outside
>>the company. please stop sending me messages/take me off the list,
>>when i get a personal account, i'll let you know.
>

>I'm wondering if the above policy is common. I certainly find lists,
>and this list in particular extremely helpful. I wouldn't work for a
>company that put this this kind of a lid on internet use.

Professional lists may help people to do their jobs better, but
it doesn't follow that you should have the right to read or
answer posts on company time.

My personal policy is this: if I spend ten minutes of company
time using the internet, then I quite ten minutes later. So far
as I'm concerned, any other behaviour is theft, no matter how
it's rationalized.

--
Bruce Byfield, Outlaw Communications
"The Open Road" column, Maximum Linux