RE: A Question for Newbies and Intermediate

Subject: RE: A Question for Newbies and Intermediate
From: "Secara, Maggie" <secaram -at- mainsaver -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2000 13:47:47 -0700

-----Original Message-----
From: Bill Swallow [mailto:bill_swallow -at- yahoo -dot- com]
Sent: Thursday, April 20, 2000 10:33 AM
To: TECHWR-L

<snipping Sheldon's question>

I'd say you should do the following (not listed in any
order, other than the order in which my brain works
*g*):

* Take the writer around and introduce him/her to
the developers, QA folks, SMEs and others in the
know. Knowing who to turn to for what information
is extremely important.

<snip>

Something I wish I had every time I start a new job is not just a quick
introduction to whoever happens to be at their desk just now. I'd like a
"map" with names and specialities. (Yes yes, you told me once 8 weeks ago
that Joe is the expert on XYZ but I wasn't working on XYZ then and now I
haven't a clue.)

And oh yeah, first day, take the new writer to lunch with some of the gang.
Hmm, maybe that's just me. Ah well.

Cheers!

Maggie Secara
secaram -at- mainsaver -dot- com

"All the world's a stage, Mick, but some of us are dreadfully
under-rehearsed."