Re: FWD: Negotiation questions (moving and rentals)

Subject: Re: FWD: Negotiation questions (moving and rentals)
From: "Kay Ethier" <kethier -at- travelthepath -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2000 12:24:46 -0500

I agree with Nora.

When we moved to NC four years ago, rental houses in Research Triangle Park were extremely hard to come by. But, with two kids, a
cat, and a Rottweiler, we needed space.

We called around the area for a MONTH before we moved, talked with lots of real estate folks and FINALLY found a rental in RTP that
would accept pets. We came down early, saw that it was not what we wanted (looked like the prior pets had RUN the house), so we
stalled a couple days on signing the lease. Within 24 hours, with an extreme bit of luck, we found a second rental in RTP, exactly
what we wanted, with a large yard for our pup. The owners had not wanted pets but agreed to accept them and adjusted the rent by
adding a Pets Fee-- about $20 a month I recall -- and we jumped at it.

This person will find what she is looking for if she is willing to spend some time and maybe some extra money. She needs to contact
*every* possible rental agency and real estate agency and be willing to compromise.

Kay

PS - through our local STC, I periodically receive "requests for leads on rentals" from friends of techwriters moving to the area.
Perhaps that is another option?

From: Nora Merhar <nmerhar -at- charlesindustries -dot- com>