Re: Word Document Confidentiality

Subject: Re: Word Document Confidentiality
From: Jean Weber <jean -at- wrevenge -dot- com -dot- au>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2000 16:18:55 +1000

The problem I've found (with Word 97) is that the comments don't always get deleted. After they get accepted they are part of the document; but for some reason, trying to delete a comment doesn't always work the way the help file says it should. I suspect it has something to do with permissions or passwords, but I haven't studied this closely to see what the solution is.

Regards, Jean
Jean Hollis Weber
mailto:jean -at- wrevenge -dot- com -dot- au
The Technical Editors' Eyrie http://www.wrevenge.com.au/

At 08:13 4/18/00 +0530, Guru Kamath wrote:

a) Make a copy of the document for the client.
b) Accept all the changes to the document. (Track changes, accept all
changes)
c) Save as document with another name. (preferably with Fast Save option
turned off).

Now, you have a document for the client where the tracked changes are not
there. Saving the document with Save as and (having the Fast Save option
turned off) ensures that you are providing a clean copy to the client.

The other elements which you may not want the client to see are: comments,
hidden text and meta data. You need to remove these from the client's copy
of the document. Meta data is the stuff you write in the Properties (File
menu) dialog box (name of author, comments, summary, etc)