Re: Variations on a task

Subject: Re: Variations on a task
From: Anne Magee <magee -at- caris -dot- com>
To: Melanie Fielek <mfielek -at- inri -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2000 15:10:19 -0300

Melanie Fielek wrote:

> So, how do y'all deal with documenting several different ways of
> accomplishing the same task?

We've just started using a new method. We give each command an 'official
command name' which is similar to the menu item name. Each time we refer
to the command we say something like "Choose the Tickle the Bunny
command", and in the sidehead margin we stick a Little Blue Table (tm)
which contains all the ways of accessing the command. So far we like it
because it makes writing procedures much simpler and it lets users pick
the method they prefer.

Anne
--
A Magee, Technical Writer