RE: best job market

Subject: RE: best job market
From: KMcLauchlan -at- chrysalis-its -dot- com
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Fri, 7 Apr 2000 11:06:17 -0400

But when California *finally* slides into the sea,
and Phoenix becomes oceanview property (and somehow,
Scotsdale *will* have the nicest beach)...

Does anybody have a good guess as to when the
Remote-Access/Telecommute/Telepresence thing will
reach critical mass and we won't have to move to places
where housing is more expensive than gold, traffic takes
up more time than work or sleeping, and smog is the
word used to describe the "clear" days?

That guy working from Spain seems to have the right
idea. But most places around here seem to demand
that you show up for meetings once in a while, and
that you actually sit down with the prototypes and
the testers (or engineers) and sort it out, face-to-face.

I expect that places like Silicon Valley will drive
the trend toward remote work for writers and software
developers (especially if the California clean-air rules
are not dismantled), and that tele-work won't be TOO much
longer in coming to a venue near me. But patience is not
my strongest suit. Comments?

/k