Re: Worthless Tech Comm Degrees

Subject: Re: Worthless Tech Comm Degrees
From: Kari Gulbrandsen <kandres -at- UDel -dot- Edu>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2000 19:30:45 -0500

one more thing-- i think one mark of a good writer is to be a good reader
and listener, and forgive me if i'm wrong, but i don't think anybody on this
list is saying to write crap. we just disagree on how we all arrived here.
in today's busy world, you have to present information in a technically
pleasing way, so people will take the time to read it. if somebody is
handed a sheet of text closely spaced, their eyes will glaze over. to take
that same matl and present it in a visually enhanced way will get the
reader's attn more quickly. now if it's junk, it's junk and there's no
excuse for that.

and as for this debate as to which tool to use-- like i said, i don't know
the tools my new employer uses, but they are confident in my ability to
learn them. i demonstrated that in my interview by discussing what i have
used and how they could be applied to the job at hand. i haven't done much
in the way of HTML-- but i have done on-line help doc. and i could relate
one to the other.