Re: Education for tech writers

Subject: Re: Education for tech writers
From: Kari Gulbrandsen <kandres -at- UDel -dot- Edu>
To: "Brady, Joy" <JBrady -at- alldata -dot- net>
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2000 09:12:57 -0500

i also agree with joy. i, too, am one who loves to learn for learning's sake.
when i think back to my school days-- the most important thing i learned in my
formal tech writing education was audience analysis. the rest was pretty much
information i could have picked up on a job. i believe that the things that
make me a good writer is that i am constantly open to new ideas and
information, i read constantly and i constantly draw on my life's experience
when i write. and a lot of my formal coursework was very tedious and
academia-oriented.