Re: Do Customers Have Implicit, Unspecified Right to Documentation?

Subject: Re: Do Customers Have Implicit, Unspecified Right to Documentation?
From: edunn -at- transport -dot- bombardier -dot- com
To: "Sandy Harris" <sharris -at- dkl -dot- com>, TECHWR-L -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2000 12:16:29 -0500

>><snip>On the other hand, I would expect
>>to be able to buy a car without specifying in the contract that
>>it comes with tires, and would never do business again with any
>>company that raised an objection to that.<snip>

However, we are talking about a custom job. The car analogy doesn't hold. If you
purchase a kit car or spec built race car (the equivalent of custom software)
you won't get anything you don't specifically pay for. Whether that be wheels,
motor, paint, brakes, or any other component.

On the other hand, the car you buy of the dealers lot specifies exactly what you
get in the contract. If an option isn't listed, you don't get it. This can
include some things many consider a necessity (A/C, automatic transmission, mag
wheels, winter tires).

Eric L. Dunn