letter of agreement and non-disclosure statement

Subject: letter of agreement and non-disclosure statement
From: Becca Price <becca_price -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: Techwr-l <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2000 08:25:34 -0800 (PST)

cross-posted to CE-L and techwr-l.

I have a small, independent contract with a startup
company, and need to write them a letter summarizing
our agreement. They have requested that I add a
non-disclosure statement. Basically, it needs to be
tight enough to reassure them that I won't tell any
competitors about their product, but loose enough to
allow me to consult with my husband, or bring in
subcontractors.

I admit, I hate writing this kind of letter in
general, and I'm coming up blank on the non-disclosure
part of it.

following is my current text of the letter. any help
and or advice is greatly appreciated!

-Becca
beccap -at- rust -dot- net

-------------------------------
Dear Erika:

This letter is to summarize my understanding of our
agreement concerning documentation for the
AutoKnowledge tool.

I will develop the layout and text for a product
information broadsheet, using graphics provided by
AutoKnowledge. I estimate that this will take 15
hours of work, billable at $40.00/hour. Payment is
due in full in 14 days of recept of invoice.

There are two deliverables: a ?comp? page for review
and comments, and the final layout in electronic form
suitable for delivering to a printer for reproduction.
This file will be in either PageMaker 6.5 or InDesign
1.0 format.

In developing these deliverables, I reserve the right
to call in subcontractors at my discretion; I will be
responsible for payment to these subcontractors.

<non-disclosure statement>

If this letter matches your understanding of our
agreement, please sign at the bottom of the page, and
return one copy to me; the second copy is for your
records. Thank you.

I look forward to working with you and Alex on this
and future projects.

=====
http://im.yahoo.com