Anecdotal data on Canadian salaries

Subject: Anecdotal data on Canadian salaries
From: Darren Barefoot <dbarefoot -at- mpsbc -dot- com>
To: "Techwriting list (E-mail)" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2000 09:41:43 -0800

Good morning,

I'm just doing some research regarding salaries in Canada, to ensure that
we're paying our writers correctly. I've sought out various resources on the
Web, including the STC salary survey (which I'm, unreasonably, slightly
suspicious of) but wanted to procure some anecdotal data. I'm not rude
enough to ask what you earn (well, you can tell me if you like), but if you
have any info (what you used to earn, what your friends earn, a regional
salary survey, etc.) I'd certainly appreciate it. Specifically, I'm looking
for salary ranges for the following vague categories:

Entry level (0 - 2 years experience with post-secondary education)
Mid-level (2 - 5 years experience with post-secondary education)

As usual, I'll post any info I get on the list, and please specify what part
of Canada your data comes from. Thanks in advance. DB.

Darren Barefoot
Meridian Project Systems
Manager of Documentation
604-904-0822 ext. 112
dbarefoot -at- mpsbc -dot- com
www.mps.com

Today's sign of the Apocalypse:
"So far, we have not had any customers who have become indignant over the
lack of Twinkies. I think people basically understand." Bernie Rogan of
Shaw's Supermarket, on the looming Twinkie shortage.