RE: HELP! (Word/Visio File Size) SUMMARY AND THANKS

Subject: RE: HELP! (Word/Visio File Size) SUMMARY AND THANKS
From: Kelly Parr <KParr -at- c-bridge -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L (E-mail)" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2000 15:00:14 -0500

Thanks to all of you who so quickly responded to my plea.
You may be interested to know that many of your recommendations were not the
issue. For instance, I had already checked that:

* Fast saves was turned off (never was on)
* I had the latest release of Office 2000
* That "Change Tracking" was turned off and any previous
changes had been accepted/rejected.
* I "saved as" a different file name
* Open a new document and copy/paste from the old one (except for
that last pesky paragraph mark)

(Yes, yes, the above list is passive and not parallel, but I'm seeing double
right now <g>)

The last suggestion was the only thing that worked, although I had to copy
*just* the text and then go back and paste-special/as picture the visio
drawings one by one from the original document.

The end file is 475kb!! :D

Kelly