RE: UK punctuation conventions

Subject: RE: UK punctuation conventions
From: Bill Burns <BillDB -at- intl -dot- com>
To: "'TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>'" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2000 09:02:38 -0700

Thanks for the responses on this topic. Confirming my own suspicions, all
respondents on my question about punctuation conventions in the UK uttered
an unqualified nyet to the use of a comma between a subject and its verb
(that is, unless there is an intervening phrase or clause delimited on both
ends by commas).

Bill Burns - Eccentric Technology Consultant
INT'L.com Design & Development
billdb -at- intl -dot- com
"Being disintegrated makes me very angry."