SUMMARY - software video camera

Subject: SUMMARY - software video camera
From: Philip Boyer <pboyer -at- dimasys -dot- com>
To: "'ParaMetrica.com Community'" <parametrica -at- listbot -dot- com>, TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2000 08:46:53 -0600

Cross-posted to ParaMetrica and TECHWR-L

A couple of weeks ago I asked for recommendations for an application that
would capture screen actions in 16-bit color or greater. Here's what I got,
in addition to a couple of warnings that screen actions captured in 16-bit
color would be marginal at best. (The opinions are based on the trial
versions of the software.)

Lotus Screen Cam - Recommended the most, but I found it hard to use.

Camtasia and Hypercam - I didn't have time to try these, but plan on
checking out Camtasia (www.techsmith.com).

MS Camcorder - This doesn't work with Windows 2000 (at least I couldn't
find a version that did), so I couldn't use it.

I ended up using Software Video Camera (comes with Robohelp) and working
around the couple of screens for which I needed 16-bit color.

I had also asked about Demoshield and the training that goes with it.
Instead of Demoshield, we decided to go with Macromedia Director.

Thank you all for your input.

Philip Boyer
pboyer -at- dimasys -dot- com