Word startup message - thanks, all

Subject: Word startup message - thanks, all
From: "Alex Silbajoris" <alsilba -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2000 05:44:51 PST

TWs -

Thanks for your suggestions on the startup message in the Word template. The people who will use the template are not sophisticated users of Word - for example, they don't know what the defined styles are. Once I tried to explain to one of them that the paragraph marks in Word carry the style definitions, and she sniffed, "I don't use those marks." Sigh.

So, I'll have to use a low-tech approach. Or, as my sister says, "It's foolproof - and fools have proven it."

- A