RE: Contractors & Per Diem

Subject: RE: Contractors & Per Diem
From: "Kachurka, Brad M." <BMKachurka -at- West -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2000 16:48:32 -0600

It seems rather fruitless for everyone to give their definitions of per diem
when it is quite obvious that the meaning of per diem depends on the company
you work for. Since all of our jobs require us to communicate with our
employers, I really can't see the problem of just being up front and asking
"What exactly is your definition of per diem?". The person you are
negotiating with will probably appreciate your frankness and attention to
detail. You really can't come up with a true contract unless you have a
"meeting of the minds".

You might feel silly asking the question, but you would feel sillier if you
signed a contract expecting one thing and getting less. A true sign of
weakness is a person who is afraid to ask a question.

Sincerely,
Brad standing on his soap box...