Re: Power Point and PDF

Subject: Re: Power Point and PDF
From: "Terry Barron" <tbarron -at- systems -dot- dhl -dot- com>
To: bdoonan -at- coreco -dot- com
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2000 17:10:07 -0800

bdoonan -at- coreco -dot- com wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm in a bit of a time bind here so I would appreciate any prompt reply to
Could you be more specific about how you tried to create the
PDF?

I have no problem* turning Powerpoint files into PDFs. I
believe you need to have the complete Acrobat v4 software
installed, not just the Acrobat Reader.

When you install Acrobat v4, the installation process adds a
button to the Powerpoint toolbar that creates a PDF.

If you have Acrobat v3 (Distiller), you can print the Powerpoint
document to file (.ps/.prn) and then distill the resulting file
to make a PDF file. If I recall correctly, you need to have a
postscript driver installed. If you do not, there is a virtual
postscript driver on the Acrobat installation cd.

~~~Terry

*except that the animations do not come through as animation --
just as they would not come through if printed.

--
Terry Barron
DHL Systems, Inc.