Re: Contractors & Per Diem

Subject: Re: Contractors & Per Diem
From: "Marc A. Santacroce" <epubs -at- ricochet -dot- net>
To: "Anthony Markatos" <tonymar -at- hotmail -dot- com>, "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2000 10:38:52 -0800

In my experience, a company will either pay an extra 'per diem' flat rate (that varies with the location), or will pay actual expenses. Both should be over and above the normal salary or hourly rate.

There is a government web page (sorry I don't have the URL) that lists the government per diem rate by location. Your corporate travel department might have a similar listing.

Marc

Question for all listserv contractors:

I am considering temporarily relocating to take a contract position. In such situations, is per diem:

* A separate bucket of money above and beyond hourly pay?

* A percentage of the hourly pay?

All responses appreciated.

Tony Markatos
(tonymar -at- hotmail -dot- com)

Marc A. Santacroce
Senior Technical Writer,
ePubs, Inc.

I love it here;
..there's no where I'd rather be,
.....there's nothing I'd rather be doing,
........and no one I'd rather be doing it with.