RE: FWD: Team Leading

Subject: RE: FWD: Team Leading
From: "Marc A. Santacroce" <epubs -at- ricochet -dot- net>
To: Kathleen Kuvinka <kkuvinka -at- epicor -dot- com>, "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2000 20:12:37 -0800

I assume that managing people in general is difficult, because many managers
(although extremely capable in other professional aspects, including project
management) appear less than inspirational.

I don't think 'management' is inherently more difficult than 'working', it just poses different challenges.

> In retrospect, it would have been better to have found her another
> suitable position in the company, not under my supervision.

You think someone should have to change positions because they don't want to
be a manager? It is a difficult decision, and people are not always sure
they know how they will feel and act when they make it.

Perhaps I could have handled the situation better. This was, however, one case where there were good positions under other managers where this person could have continued to prosper without second guessing and undermining me.

Marc A. Santacroce
Senior Technical Writer,
ePubs, Inc.

I love it here;
..there's no where I'd rather be,
.....there's nothing I'd rather be doing,
........and no one I'd rather be doing it with.