URGENT: graphics printing oddly

Subject: URGENT: graphics printing oddly
From: Becca Price <becca_price -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: Techwr-l <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2000 08:44:52 -0800 (PST)

I'm trying to print a document, created in MS Word
97-SR2, running under Windows NT 4.0 (whatever the
current highest SR is).

Some graphics - but not all - are breaking up, and an
outline prints on the proper page, with the rest of
the graphic printing on the next sheet. The graphics
that break up are 256-color, but so are some graphics
that print just fine.

This happens whether we print from Word, or print the
PDF file that was distilled using Acrobat 4.0.

It doesn't appear to be the same graphics every time,
or even the same number of graphics... sometimes we'll
get a good copy except for one or two graphics, other
times, we'll get bad graphics more often than not.
Graphics after the first one that breaks up can print
ok or break up apparently randomly thereafter.

We're printing to an HP 5si with 4MB memory (2.17 Mb
available)

The MS word file is 987Kb; the PDF file is 789Kb.

This happens whether we print from my computer or my
project manager's. There are 2 HP 5si's that we can
print to, both with the same memory... it happens on
both.

can anyone help me fix this? we're supposed to release
today!

-Becca

=====
http://im.yahoo.com