RE: illegal to discuss/set rates

Subject: RE: illegal to discuss/set rates
From: "Jeanne A. E. DeVoto" <jaed -at- jaedworks -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2000 15:21:56 -0800

At 10:34 AM -0800 3/8/2000, Mary Choy wrote:
>Don't get me wrong. I too agree it is helpful to discuss rates with each
>other online whenever we feel like it. I am only trying to follow up because
>a friend who runs a list for writers told me there is some law against
>setting rates and we have to be sure not to cross that line when discussing
>rates, or something bad happens to the list itself.

Well, if your friend thinks there's some law against talking about rates,
why not ask him or her for more information?

No offense, but I think coming to another source and asking them to help
you track down an urban legend, instead of asking the person who passed it
on to you, is not a very good use of time. Your question as to the law has
already been answered; if you want to know why your friend said that,
asking here isn't the best way to get that answer.

--
jeanne a. e. devoto ~ jaed -at- jaedworks -dot- com
http://www.jaedworks.com