Re: illegal to discuss/set rates

Subject: Re: illegal to discuss/set rates
From: John Posada <jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: Mary Choy <mchoy -at- sirius -dot- com>, TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2000 10:30:48 -0800 (PST)

discuss or set?

Big difference.

I'll discuss my rates whenever I want. I'll tell what
I'm being paid if the information is appropriate to an
appropriate question. It may not be "classy", but
nobody ever acused me of that.

I won't say "OK, you and I are competing for a
contract at XY Company. We are the only two
contractors that they want to hire. I promise I won't
charge less than $X if your don't." I think that is
colusion, besides being just plain wrong.

--- Mary Choy <mchoy -at- sirius -dot- com> wrote:
> I'm looking for the legalese language about how it
> is illegal for
> contractors (freelancers) to "discuss" (i.e. set)
> rates online. Does anyone
> know what I mean?
>
> (I need it so I can add it to the list of posting
> rules for a listserv I'm
> on...)

=====
John Posada, Merck Research Laboratories
Sr Technical Writer, WinHelp and html
(work) john_posada -at- merck -dot- com - 732-594-0873
(pers) jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com - 732-291-7811
Give me a woman who loves beer and I will conquer the world.
Kaiser Wilhelm
http://im.yahoo.com