RE: Identifying the Figure Source in documentation

Subject: RE: Identifying the Figure Source in documentation
From: "Harry Bacheler" <hbacheler -at- geo -dot- census -dot- gov>
To: <Rhonda -dot- Perez -at- nokia -dot- com>, "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2000 09:13:00 -0500

My take -- Keep it in. It is another "HELP" that the end user can use when
talking to tech support.

It is 'always' needed by the reader, you just don't know when.

Remember, they sometimes have to describe the screen to the tech support
person, and do it in words
that may e totally off the wall. Like 'The coffee cup thingy", "in the
middle, where it says ..."

You can always use the "conventions" section of your front matter to explain
why it is there.

Harry M. Bacheler, Jr.
Consultant
VGS, Inc.

"The thoughts, ideas, and opinions expressed in my portion of this email
are mine and mine alone.  They are not the thoughts, ideas, and/or
opinions of any past, present, or future employers, or any group that I
might belong to."