Identifying the Figure Source in documentation

Subject: Identifying the Figure Source in documentation
From: Rhonda -dot- Perez -at- nokia -dot- com
To: TECHWR-L -at- LISTS -dot- RAYCOMM -dot- COM
Date: Thu, 2 Mar 2000 15:23:12 -0600

The figures in our customer documentation include the source number for
internal reference. This is simply the .CGM number (approx. 8pt) in a box at
the bottom right-hand corner of each figure. Our doc team has opposing views
on continuing with this practice.

Con: This information is not needed by the reader. This information will
confuse the reader.
Pro: This information is an Identification resource for internal customers
and global documentation team members.

I would like to know how other customer documentation teams handle this
issue.

Rhonda Perez