SUMMARY: Online Help or just Help

Subject: SUMMARY: Online Help or just Help
From: "Gayle C. Edlin" <gayle -at- nmt -dot- com>
To: "Post to List" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2000 09:08:01 -0600

My thanks to those who replied to my question last week regarding how you
refer to your Help systems! I was especially interested in knowing if anyone
else felt that the term "online Help" could imply to some users that the
Help system was actually Internet-based, and two respondents did indicate
similar thoughts.

I received six replies, evenly divided between using the terms "online Help"
and "Help." Nearly everyone included some qualifying statement as to how
they used the terms. For example, one respondent uses the term "online Help"
generically, and "Help system" when discussing the particulars of the Help
menu. I was also interested in another response, where Help for the ABC
application was referred to as "ABC Help." Seems like a neat, simple
solution that hadn't yet occurred to me! I believe I'll "borrow" that idea
..

Thanks again!

Gayle C. Edlin, Technical Writer
NMT Corporation
gayle -at- nmt -dot- com

"Ten fruits minus three apples is seven fruits of undisclosed nature."
--Gary Bender, Chemistry Professor Extraordinaire