Re: Knocking 'em dead at a new job?

Subject: Re: Knocking 'em dead at a new job?
From: Mpschiesl -at- ra -dot- rockwell -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2000 08:47:54 -0600

#1 Bring donuts.

I also agree with the need of having interest in the job. It seems
like people are impressed when someone is excited about the
business, and it seems to breathe a little life into the old guys that
have been there for years. We have a couple of new marketing
guys here, and they brought donuts (#1), and they also have
some flair for their work. They have made some difference in
how I view my job. They haven't been institutionalized yet, which
helps since they aren't afraid to challenge 'business as usual'
stuff that isn't working. If you have the right attitude, I don't see
why you shouldn't come into a new job trying to make a major
difference.

And if you want to really make a difference, bring a cheesecake.

Best wishes,

Michael