Re: Knocking 'em dead at a new job

Subject: Re: Knocking 'em dead at a new job
From: "Marc A. Santacroce" <epubs -at- ricochet -dot- net>
To: Don Sargent <don -dot- sargent -at- template -dot- com>, "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2000 10:16:48 -0800

1. Don't whine
2. Listen more than you talk
3. Deliver quality, on-time work.
4. Determine what value-adding contributions you can make.
5. Implement #4 whenever you can.

Marc

I'll soon be starting a new job. I'm so excited about this opportunity
that my inner uberwriter keeps me awake at night thinking of all the
good things he's going to do. So, as usual, when I want to do something
really well, I seek advice from this group.

Aside from doing what they ask really fast and really well, name five
things you do to make a great first impression. If additional info
helps, my new company is a maturing startup and I'll be founding a new
group.

--
Don Sargent dsargent -at- level8 -dot- com
Level 8 Systems

Marc A. Santacroce

Senior Technical Writer
ePubs, Inc.

"I write, I train; either way you learn."