RE: Online Help or just Help?/e-training?

Subject: RE: Online Help or just Help?/e-training?
From: Ellen Kelly <EllenK -at- learnlinc -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2000 13:40:33 -0500

Bill:

I read your post on e-training with interest. There is also another
"e-trend" that encompasses both aspects you talk about. The product I
document is a web-based training classroom tool - students and the
instructor participate in a live class over the Internet. In the distance
education circles this is called "synchronous" learning. It's a cool new
trend that companies are using to train employees in remote offices.
Instructors can use multimedia content, text chat, audio, and video in these
courses, and the students can actively participate. I think this type of
training is something that we will be seeing much more of in the future.

-Ellen

Ellen S. Kelly
Senior Technical Writer
LearnLinc Corporation