Re: Two types of people (WAS: W2 vs. 1099; THE TOPIC FORMERLY KNOWN AS: Pay rate Contractor ...)

Subject: Re: Two types of people (WAS: W2 vs. 1099; THE TOPIC FORMERLY KNOWN AS: Pay rate Contractor ...)
From: "Marc A. Santacroce" <epubs -at- ricochet -dot- net>
To: Thomas Neuburger <thomasn -at- twelfthnight -dot- com>, "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2000 13:37:53 -0800

Add to that the freedom of a wireless modem and you can "do it" anywhere. I regularly check and send my email from the commuter train.

Marc

Tom Neuburger wrote:

This is why God made Starbucks. :)

Seriously, the "be among people" urge is easily satisfied
by taking your laptop to the local latte lounge and quietly
typing away amid the blur and hum of relaxed humanity.

They're secretly loaded on beans, but what do you care?
There's often even art on the walls for your enjoyment.

And when you get really good at this, you'll start
spotting the chairs next to power outlets...

It's the best of both worlds -- and no phones.

Marc A. Santacroce

Senior Technical Writer
ePubs, Inc.

"I write, I train; either way you learn."