Re: FWD: Online help advice needed

Subject: Re: FWD: Online help advice needed
From: "Susan W. Gallagher" <susan-gallagher -at- vertel -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2000 18:19:22 -0800

At 02:33 PM 2/18/00 -0700, anonfwd -at- raycomm -dot- com wrote:

>...I have no idea how to approach online help, figuring out what
>should go into it, how online help is different than user guides, etc. Can
>anyone point me in the right direction ...

I wrote a series of articles on online help back in the mid-90s
and have them posted on my web site at:

http://pw1.netcom.com/~gscale/susanwg/cmindware/article1.htm

There may be something there that will help you. If you have any specific
questions, don't hesitate to contact me offline; but please remember that
I'm ever so rusty! ;-)

Also, Jared Spool did a lot of research on online info and help back
then. There's one paper on his web site, in particular, that should
help. See:

http://world.std.com/~uieweb/online.htm

HTH!

-Sue Gallagher http://pw1.netcom.com/~gscale/susanwg/
susan-gallagher -at- vertel -dot- com http://www.vertel.com

The _Guide_ is definitive.
Reality is frequently inaccurate. --Douglas Adams