Re[2]: OT : Can anyone recommend a real good flat-bed scann

Subject: Re[2]: OT : Can anyone recommend a real good flat-bed scann
From: Harry Hager <hhager -at- dttus -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com, DTimmerman -at- ipdexch -dot- ipd -dot- anl -dot- gov
Date: 17 Feb 2000 14:36:39 -0600

Traci,

There is another possible approach. I haven't tried it but I don't
know why it wouldn't work.

1. Buy the scanner that at least meets your physical specifications,
such as size and footprint, scanning dpi, resolution, speed, price,
transparency adaptor, whatever, and has decent software.

2. After you buy the scanner, go buy the full version of the software
that was included with the scanner. I bought my scanner more than a
year ago, but it seems that they always came with a software abc Light
or software xyz Express. You might need the full version to do
everything you want to do.

2a. Or if you try the Light or Express version of the software and
hate it, buy the full vesion of the competition software. Then you'll
have two software tools.

Sorry I can't help with specific product recommendations because I
don't use my scanner for text.

Anybody see any problems with this approach?

Has anybody done it this way?

H. Jim Hager
hhager -at- dttus -dot- com

Subject: RE: OT : Can anyone recommend a real good flat-bed scanner?
Author: DTimmerman -at- ipdexch -dot- ipd -dot- anl -dot- gov at Internet-USA
Date: 2/17/00 1:44 PM

Traci,

Look at Ziff Davis' Web site (http://www.zdnet.com/). They have a search
engine on their home page that searches their site.

Don Timmerman
Argonne National Laboratory
Argonne, IL (near Chicago)