RE: Timekeeping

Subject: RE: Timekeeping
From: Kay Robart <kay -dot- robart -at- integratedconcepts -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2000 16:27:13 -0600

Hey, you have not been in hell until your whole group has spent a year on a
project
and only then the director of your division asks you to collect the time
that everyone
in your department spent on the project. We would have given anything to
have
some kind of time-tracking device to fall back on. As long as your
management
is not being too anal-retentive about tracking every minute, I wouldn't
complain.
If management is not tracking time spent on jobs some way, you will never
be able to develop a good sense of how long it takes to complete projects.
And
without that, you won't be able to plan very well. (And in that case, the
result
will always be that you will be given insufficient time to complete the
project.)

Kay Robart