Macros in Word 2000

Subject: Macros in Word 2000
From: Sybille Sterk <sybille -at- wowfabgroovy -dot- net>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2000 09:42:49 +0000

Dear all,

I have just started using Word 2000 and have already run into a problem I can't solve with common sense or the Word help. What a surprise!

I am trying to run a macro which I have created using Word 2000. A simple macro which just changes the font for a highlighted bit of text. Unfortunately Word tells me: "The macro cannot be found or has been disabled because of your Macro Security settings."

I did as the Help suggested and changed the security level for macros, first to medium, then low. I also checked the "Trust all add-ins and macros in templates" box. Nothing seems to make a difference.

Is this a common problem and if, how is it solved?

Any ideas?

TIA,

Sybille (Off to see if there's a patch for this on the Office 2000 web site.