RE: do you write or edit man pages?

Subject: RE: do you write or edit man pages?
From: Paula Jagt <paulaj -at- platform -dot- com>
To: "'Christi'" <christi -at- sageinst -dot- COM>, TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2000 11:05:35 -0500

Hi Christi,

I write and edit man pages as part of my job now, and I make them all
active voice. All the old ones were in passive voice (written by software
engineers who don't know any better).

I found that rewriting:

- reduces the volume

- reduces the confusion (was that a warning that running this command will
stop the daemon, or an instruction to go stop the daemon yourself?)

- makes the information easier to maintain
Paula Jagt
Platform Computing Corporation
3760 14th Ave, Markham, Ont, L3R 3T7
paulaj -at- platform -dot- com