Re: CBT contracting

Subject: Re: CBT contracting
From: Sandra Law <sandra -at- qmaster -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 08 Feb 2000 17:05:20 -0700

"OTTO,KAREN (A-Spokane,ex1)" wrote:

> Hi all,
> We're fairly new to Computer Based Training (CBT) at my division. We do,
> however, have two products: one is a big professional CBT designed by
> Raytheon, and the other is a very small informal CBT done in-house.
> We are interested in having the content of both of these trainings modified.

> I'd like to hear about CBT
> development contractors you've worked with or heard of. I'd also like to
> hear about your experiences and general recommendations.

I do not know the names of any CBT development contractors but I have another
proposition for you. In addition to being a Technical Writer by day, I am a
graduate student (Part-Time) in the Instructional Technology area of the
Department of Educational Psychology at the University of Alberta (in Canada).
One of my courses (Project Management) requires that I evaluate a project (such
as the your in-house CBT or the externally developed CBT) regarding its
effectiveness. I don't know if your company would be willing to release its CBT
for external review. If it is I would you be interested in evaluating the
project, and providing you with a report at the end, regarding my findings. If
you are interested, let me know.

Good luck in your search for a consultant.

Sandra Law