RE: Application to Create Web Structure/Tree view?

Subject: RE: Application to Create Web Structure/Tree view?
From: "YONEMURA,PRISCILLA (Non-HP-Roseville,ex1)" <priscilla_yonemura -at- nonhp-am -dot- exch -dot- hp -dot- com>
To: "'Giordano, Connie'" <Connie -dot- Giordano -at- FMR -dot- COM>, TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2000 10:03:59 -0700

Connie,

I'm new to Visio 2000 Enterprise Edition, so I can't give a definitive
answer until I try to map a web-based application myself. I suggest taking a
look at http://www.visio.com/ for Visio's explanation of its capabilities. I
can tell you that this version includes network, database, and software
modeling solutions. You are supposed to be able to model software
components, including "major object-oriented and data-oriented software
modeling and design languages, including... UML." More from the manual:
create integrated system models using the UML; design and document software
projects using object-oriented methodologies such as Booch, ROOM, and
Rumbaugh; show the procedural components of programs using structured
charts; create data flow diagrams that use automatic level balancing....

Sorry I can't be more helpful, but I won't say a package offers a solution
until I successfully try it myself.

Priscilla