OT: Illustrator 8.0.1 file bloat

Subject: OT: Illustrator 8.0.1 file bloat
From: Atticus Fisher <AtticusF -at- pciwiz -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2000 15:12:30 -0500

To All:

I'm trying to export a native Illustrator 8.0.1 file as an EMF, ultimately
for the purpose of placing it in a Word document. I've noted that when
exported, the file size more than doubles--from approx. 700k to over 1,800k.
Of course, I'd chalk it up to the EMF format itself, but I swear I've
exported EMFs before with no file bloat. The same thing also occurs with
TIFF exports, which I thought was a relatively compact format. Any
suggestions on how to prevent this would be greatly appreciated. Note that I
am using Windows NT.

I'm an Illustrator newbie, so if this a well-known and much documented issue
please feel free to mock me and my ancestors openly. We are used to it.

Thanks,
Atticus