Simple Time Line Software recommendations: summary

Subject: Simple Time Line Software recommendations: summary
From: Jo Baer <jbaer -at- mailbox1 -dot- tcfbank -dot- com>
To: Techwriter List <TECHWR-L -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 04 Feb 2000 13:00:29 -0600

Thanks to eveyone who took the time to respond.

David Slonosky recommended Above and Beyond from www.1soft.com. "I like
it because (unlike Microsoft Project) it reflects the reality that daily
your project times can change and balances times on all your projects to
allow for this. It lets you prioritize projects, set working hours for
any project, etc, etc. You can get a demo version from their web site."

Kimber Miller pointed out that Visio has a timeline feature that people
who already have the software (I don't) might want to try.

Ted Hornoi-Centerwall and Guy McDonald both recommended Microsoft
project, but differed on how simple it is to learn.

Jim Groark, Al Rubottom, and Guy Cornett all recommended products by
Kidasa software (www.kidasa.com). Guy says "Milestones is the more
complex version, Simplicity is the... well, simpler version. :-) They
will send you trial software on a CDROM if you request it. I sent for
the CDROM and it came within a couple of weeks with reasonable
documentation for getting it going.

Al also suggested a web site "for a whole LOTTA info on proj.
mgmt.[books, SW, etc.] go to http://www.allpm.com/.";

Unfortunately I haven't had time to investigate all of the software
mentioned, although I intend to download some demos and give them a try.
(I'll have to build time for that into my timeline ;-) ... )Thanks again
to all who responded.

Jo