Re: Forced to read the manual/re: FrameMaker

Subject: Re: Forced to read the manual/re: FrameMaker
From: "Tim Altom" <taltom -at- simplywritten -dot- com>
To: "TechDoc List" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2000 16:00:04 -0500

I've tried WordPerfect on Linux, and it's a fine package. It does suffer
from two problems, though: It isn't on enough clients' machines to take
Word's place in our shop; and it doesn't offer Frame's power at the upper
end. We can't in good conscience tell clients that we can "do" Word when
we're actually using WP.

Actually, it's a tossup which is a stronger app, WP on Linux or StarOffice.
For true geeks, StarOffice is Open Source, which makes it very popular in
some circles.

Tim Altom
Simply Written, Inc.
Featuring FrameMaker and the Clustar Method(TM)
"Better communication is a service to mankind."
317.562.9298
http://www.simplywritten.com