RE: ADMIN: Re: OT How do I unsubscribe?.. reading directions

From: Chuck Martin <CMartin -at- serena -dot- com>
To: "'Peter'" <pnewman1 -at- home -dot- com>, Chuck Martin <CMartin -at- serena -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2000 10:21:54 -0800

<snip>

Yes.

Unequivocally, absolutely, yes!

Not zillion. Just enough by programmers who can follow the instructions of
interaction designers. Computing power is more than enough these days to be
able to design intuitive software.

Touch kiosks are a good example of this. You can't have a manual available.
Everything a user needs to know to successfully use such a device must be in
the interface. Alan Cooper, in his "The Inmates are Running the Asylum,"
gives a good example of how his company re-designed the small, in-flight
movie screen on the back of airplane chairs so they could be easily
understood and used by passengers. Very instructive.

--
Chuck Martin
Sr. Technical Writer, SERENA Software

"People who use business software might despise it, but they are getting
paid to tolerate it....Most people who are paid to use a tool feel
constrained not to complain about that tool, but it doesn't stop them from
feeling frustrated and unhappy about it."
- "The Inmates are Running the Asylum"
Alan Cooper

are addressed. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution
is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact
the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original
message.