Re: ADMIN: Re: OT How do I unsubscribe?

From: iain -at- hairydog -dot- co -dot- uk (Iain Harrison)
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2000 13:48 +0000 (GMT Standard Time)

> That notwithstanding, I get at least two
> messages every day asking how to do it.

It's the same on the Techcomm list, and the footer there is even
smaller - pretty hard to overlook the information about unsubscribing in
just four lines of text:

TechComm: replies go to the list by default
To unsubscribe: LEAVE TECHCOMM as an email body to
list -at- user -dot- itconsult -dot- co -dot- uk
http://www.hairydog.clara.net/techcomm.html for more info

Seems pretty clear to me, but still people need help with it.

I wonder if the problem is that when a message is repeated, people stop
reading it.

There's a wider documentation issue in all this. Maybe comprehensive
documentation (which, by definition, repeats information) is not so
helpful. Give the readers a maze of cross-references, so they have to
work for the material, and maybe they'll read and remember it?

--

Iain

iain -at- hairydog -dot- co -dot- uk
iainh -at- cix -dot- co -dot- uk