RE: Wadda Ya Callit?

Subject: RE: Wadda Ya Callit?
From: "Scott Browne" <sbrowne -at- unicomp -dot- net>
To: TECHWR-L -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2000 20:38:33 -0600

Barry Kieffer wrote:

> OK, listers, what do you call the action when you type a name into a
> list, like the name list in a mail tool, and as you type each character
> the list auto-magically homes into the name you were searching for.
<snip>

The closest I can think is "<whatever> Completion". My mail program does
what you describe for e-mail addresses in the To: field. It calls it
"Address Completion". My Web browser uses the term "URL Completion" and
"Address Completion" (since a URL is also called a Web address).

That may not be much help if you're trying for a generic all-encompassing
term. But if it is only for a specific field, maybe it will work.

Good luck.

Scott
sbrowne -at- unicomp -dot- net
"If ignorance is bliss, why aren't more people happy?"