RE: The Old Argument: FrameMaker vs. MS Word

Subject: RE: The Old Argument: FrameMaker vs. MS Word
From: Tony Rocco <tony -at- roundpeg -dot- com>
To: "'Mark Baker'" <mbaker -at- omnimark -dot- com>, TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2000 15:14:52 -0800

Sorry, Mark, but I beg to differ. You're idea of what a tech writer is in
this day and age is narrow and unrealistic, least in the software
development world. I have been in this business for most of a decade and my
jobs have never been pure writing jobs (and that's OK with me). Many tech
writers have developed skills and abilities beyond writing, editing, and
researching because their jobs demand it. I have worked with good designers,
good managers, good technical people, all of whom carried the title
Technical Writer. This is an eclectic profession and it demands skills in
many areas. You might find jobs that only require writing and editing, but
in the software world, they are few and far between.

Tony