Re: Adobe Framemaker

Subject: Re: Adobe Framemaker
From: Marc Santacroce <epubs -at- ricochet -dot- net>
To: edunn -at- transport -dot- bombardier -dot- com, "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2000 07:15:02 -0800

Eric, I understand your point on this, but I'm not entirely sure you are correct.

I've been to many trade shows where the vendor (usually a catalog vendor) is 'selling' an early version of an application, and advertising that it qualifies for the upgrade price to the newest version.

Many software upgrade pakages include full installs of the newest version of the
software package. However what is being suggested here is illegal. To buy an
upgrade and installing it without owning a previous version (or competing
software package for a competitve upgrade) you are as guilty as if you simply
pirated the software and paid nothing.

Eric Dunn

-
Marc A. Santacroce

Senior Technical Writer/President
ePubs, Inc.

epubs -at- ricochet -dot- net

"Everything has a fifty percent probability; either it's going to happen, or it's not."