RE: How do you handle revisions for translation?

Subject: RE: How do you handle revisions for translation?
From: Brent L Jones <brent -dot- jones -at- jadesolutions -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2000 10:18:34 -0700

Andres Heuberger [mailto:andresh -at- fxtrans -dot- com]
wrote on 11 January 2000 21:27:

> Maybe I am missing something here, but why aren't you using
> translation
> memories? The way we work with our clients is quite straight-forward
> (slightly abbreviated here):

[description of process deleted]

> Regards,
> Andres

The way you are talking about translation memories, it sounds like it's
either a standard concept or process in the localization industry, or some
sort of capability provided by a specific tool. I have never worked w/ a
localization project, but I may need to someday. So I was wondering if you
could give a little context for those of us that have never heard of TM? Is
it a specific functionality provided by something like Trados? Is it a
tool-independant process or concept?

just curious,
brent
--